Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New to the beat

To all of you who happen to stumble into this space in the early part of October, welcome. In theory, this should be a source for information and insight on Boston's pro spots teams -- primarily the Red Sox and Patriots, but also the Celtics and Bruins whenever time and interest allow.

I start work for the New Hampshire Union Leader on Oct. 1; I'll be covering Red Sox and Patriots home games as well as writing occasional feature stories. That's where most of the material for this blog will originate.

Quick intro: I'm 25 years old, an Exeter, N.H. native and a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. For the past two years, I covered Division II football and basketball for the St. Cloud (Minn.) Times; in the unlikely event that it matters to anyone, you can see my most recent blog here.

Shoot me an email anytime at brimac930@gmail.com. My attitude toward sports journalism is that I just happen to be someone with an opportunity to ask the questions any fan of the game would ask if he or she had the opportunity; if I'm not asking the questions you want me to ask, by all means, let me know.

No comments: